Industrial Plant Services Limited
Tell a friend
for this vacancy has passed
Industrial Plant Services Limited (IPSL) is a privately owned) independent operating company which provides a range of plant management services to its clients: Methanol Holdings (Trinidad) Limited, Caribbean Nitrogen Company Limited (CNC) and Nitrogen 2000 Unlimited (N2000).
IPSL is an expanding organization which currently operates and manages seven (7) process plants including M5000, the world's largest methanol plant.
Our newest project is the Ammonia Urea Melamine (AUM) Complex which will consist of seven (7) plants located at the Point Lisas Industrial Estate.
We are currently seeking qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago to meet the requirements of these three (3) Complexes: Methanol, Ammonia and AUM.
The Laboratory Analyst will be responsible for sampling and testing in an efficient and safe manner using chemicals and equipment in accordance with established standards to accurately and reliably monitor plant operating conditions.
Responsibilities also include:
1. Testing ammonia, water and relevant system streams.
2. Testing and sampling of gas and non-routine samples.
3. Documenting results of all testing and make available to the Operations Department.
4. Conducting instrument calibration and preparing standardizing solutions.
5. Assisting with the management of inventory of chemicals and gases.
6. Maintaining proper housekeeping of the laboratory.
7. Demonstrating intimate knowledge and understanding of HSE & Q laws, policies and procedures.
Qualifications and experience
Candidates must possess five (5) subjects at the Ordinary Level inclusive of Mathematics, English and Chemistry and the Science Technician Diploma with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar capacity.
Candidates must be familiar with standard methods of testing including the use and maintenance of major laboratory testing equipment. Candidates should possess knowledge of safety and environmental laws and practices. Willingness to learn plant processes in order to interpret and relate results is important. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary. A valid Driver's Permit for manual vehicles is also necessary.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered.
Trinidad & Tobago